Server Outage Incident Timeline
This outage timeline, summarized in OnePager Pro, is based on a Microsoft Project plan. It serves as a graphical representation of a root cause analysis (RCA) for a multi-server production outage, including down times, and individual server failures that contributed to the overall outage.
Download Server Outage Timeline as PDF Download Server Outage Timeline as Image
OnePager Pro Outage Timeline Features
The timeline uses:
- Collection of outage events into a single row per server, creating a timeline for each server.
- Grouping each server into a swimlane based on its physical NOC location.
- Vertical curtain showing downtime across the entire production network, including the geographically redundant second site.
- Color coding of the timeline based on each server's performance status (e.g. normal operations, degraded, outage).
- Comment boxes call out the timing of server-specific issues that contributed to the overall production outage.
- An hourly timeline allows for a detailed analysis of rapidly-occuring server issues.
This server outage incident timeline was created using OnePager Pro, a timeline presentation tool from Chronicle Graphics that uses data exported from Microsoft Project. To learn more about OnePager, and see how it can help you understand root cause of production issues such as server outages, download a free trial or attend one of our upcoming demonstration webinars.